buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: installing buildr 1.3.1
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:47:43 GMT
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Geoff Ruscoe <gcruscoe@sigmavisions.com> wrote:

> Thanks so much for the help!
>
> So for everyone else's benefit...
>
> We have several ruby projects that we keep in our path so that our
> development environment and execution environment are in sync, because of
> this we do the following in our bashrc setup:
>
> PATH=blah:blahblbah:blah2:$PATH
> RUBYLIB=$PATH
>
> This way all of the scripts in our paths can be run or required...  Well it
> turns out this is not a good thing...
>
> This is why something in the requires or loads was recursively being called.
>
> So if anybody runs into a problem with the recursive calls crashing with a
> stack trace ... check your RUBYLIB.
>
> If I wanted to add this to the trouble shooting page, how would I go about
> doing that?  Do I need special access?

We're handling the documentation like the source code, so it's easier
to keep the two in sync.  If you look at the doc/pages directory
you'll see the file troubleshooting.textile.  Edit it, create a patch
and upload to JIRA, just like a code patch.

http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/contributing.html#documentation

Assaf