buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: installing buildr 1.3.1
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2008 00:15:28 GMT
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Geoff Ruscoe <gcruscoe@sigmavisions.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking into this, not sure why it happens, in fact the JRuby
>> stack trace points at a line that doesn't seem to be doing any
>> recursion.
>>
>> For Ruby, can you first upgrade to a more recent version of RubyGems
>> (JRuby 1.1.3 already uses the latest) by running:
>>
>>  sudo gem update --system
>>
>> Assaf
>>

> First, thanks for the response.  Really looking forward to moving past
> maven.  I hope to recommend buildr to all my compadres!
>
> I did try that for the ruby:
>
> gem update --system
> Updating RubyGems
> Nothing to update

Debian/Ubuntu?  If so make sure to read this:
http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/getting_started.html#linux

I still have no idea why JRuby is failing on you, we just did the
1.3.2 release, and of course I had to test it out myself with JRuby
1.1.3, and I'm not seeing any problems.  Can you give it another try:

jruby -S gem install buildr -v 1.3.2

> I was trying the jruby version because of the statement on the getting
> started that says you can't use ruby buildr for java 1.6 projects.  Is this
> still accurate?

For some people it segfaults during the build, and it might be
specific to OS, setup or even the build itself.  So can't guarantee
your build will finish if you're using Ruby/JDK 1.6, but it might work
OK.

Assaf