buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <>
Subject Re: ScalaCheck
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 04:03:16 GMT
On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Mark Baran <> wrote:

> I'd like to use buildr with ScalaCheck, for a Scala program I'm currently
> writing.  How would I do this?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for opening the door for me :)

I just committed support for ScalaTest, ScalaCheck and Specs test frameworks
on the Buildr trunk.   We have good tests for ScalaTest right now.  I've
manually tested Specs but still need to write automated tests for it.   I
haven't tested ScalaCheck support at all yet, but you're welcome to give it
a try.   At this time it's assumed that you use ScalaCheck through ScalaTest
or Specs.    ScalaCheck tests must implement "org.scalatest.Suite" whereas
Specs tests must reside in a class with a name ending with "Spec" or
"Specs".  The test framework should kick in automatically by the presence of
any .scala file under src/test/scala.

There's a few additional things left to do such as logging Specs output to
file and better detection of Specs test but the basics should work.   I'll
be adding documentation soon too.

Give it a go and let me know if you find anything irregular.