buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <>
Subject Re: Is there an easier way to use the Eclipse Java compiler
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:46:26 GMT
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Harish Krishnaswamy <>

> As most of you know, the Sun Java compiler is quite buggy when it comes to
> generics where the Eclipse compiler does a much better job; given that, is
> there an easy way to substitute the Eclipse compiler? I have had to change
> the Buildr::Compiler.compile method to get it to work, wondering if there's
> a way to configurable it.

I haven't heard about the generics bugs you're referring to; do you have any
reference pointers on that?

You can register your own compiler plugin with,

Buildr::Compiler << YourExtensionModule::Compiler::Eclipse

at the top of your buildfile and by doing,

compile.using :eclipse
test.compile.using :eclipse

in your project to force using this compiler.    If you've already patched
the Javac class from Builder, it's just a question of extracting it and
renaming it.   You could also make it an extension ( to
avoid the boilerplate.    And if you do all of this, it would be great if
you could publish it so others can use your extension! :)