buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <>
Subject Re: buildfile per component
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2008 01:49:27 GMT
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Ittay Dror <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a large source tree with many modules grouped into components. Each
> developer knows only one component, so I don't want them to checkout and
> build the rest. However, the nightly build does need to checkout all.
> How I can break the single buildfile into several so that the top buildfile
> just includes the ones in each component and they in turn define all modules
> (that is, i don't aim at a buildfile per module). Each one should be
> independent so I can checkout the component directory and build the
> component. Note that the top buildfile does have its own logic of defining
> the order of build according dependencies between sub buildfiles (if used
> independently they reference each other as artifacts) and creating bundles
> containing all components.

I have not tried this, but here's something worth trying and if it
ends up working, we can turn this into a feature.

Say the larger buildfile has a project master, and sub-directories foo
and bar, each with its own buildfile.  I'm guessing loading and
evaluating these inside the master project could work, like so:

define 'master' do
  eval File.load('foo/buildfile')
  eval File.load('bar/buildfile')