buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <>
Subject Re: buildr standalone package
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:21:43 GMT
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Ittay Dror <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to check buildr on several machines. Is there somewhere a package
> containing all of buildr's required components so I can just extract it
> (maybe set PATH) and start using it?

Generally speaking gem install buildr should just work.  At least
that's the case if you're using Windows and a recent version of Ruby,
or JRuby.

On Linux, depending on the distribution, you might need a few more
dependencies installed, same if you're running OS X Tiger (and I
recommend updating RubyGems on Leopard).  We got three scripts to get
you started:

More documentation on what exactly they do in the getting started page: