buildr-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Poppon <>
Subject problems with scala
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 12:12:43 GMT

I am new to scala and I guess there are things I have done
I am running OS X Leopard, just downloaded buildr 1.3

Before the complaints, I want to say that I like what I have seen from
this tool. I am fed up with all the xml everywhere   beyond its main
purpose. So it is refreshing to see people getting rid of this.

The complaints:
1) buildr alone : I was under the impression from the doc, that when
you type "buildr" on the command line it should display 2 options and
a prompt line. That is not the case for me. Buildr displays : "No
projects defined for directory /Users/olivier/Documents/Projects"
twice, in red.

2) I have created a little buildfile, for a project with the
recommended structure. It works fine for a java project. But if I
duplicate the structure and adapt it for scala, it does not work and I
have the following error:
Building toto
Compiling toto
rake aborted!

Here is a bit of the trace:
154:in `compile'
227:in `initialize'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:544:in `call'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:544:in `execute'

The strange thing is that if I use the scalac command displayed when
using the --trace option, and run it alone, it works fine and create
the classes.

Any recommandation is welcome.

View raw message