buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Tomas Carlsson" <>
Subject buildr on jruby and windows, sort of success.
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 22:47:54 GMT

Thanks for a great build system!

Just wanted to share what I had to do to get Buildr trunk (rev 645177)
running on JRuby and Windows.

 * The "which" function in the Rakefile evals ENV['PATH']. This failed when
my path variable in Windows was defined as "Path" (which it was by default
in my system); I had to rename it to "PATH".

 * "jruby -S rake setup" does not work because "sudo" is called in the gem
install command. So I manually installed the deps listed in Rakefile (jruby
-S gem install ...).

 * "jruby -S rake spec" fails on
        ./spec/application_spec.rb:279:in `describe': can't convert Symbol
into String (TypeError)
    but it seems you dont _have_ to run the tests.

* I had to edit the ./buildfile to "require 'buildr/nailgun'" instead of
"require 'buildr/java/nailgun'"

* The install of the buildr gem fails because it calls "sudo". So I ran that
command manually: "jruby -S gem install pkg\buildr-1.3.0-java.gem"

This worked for me. Now I just have to check that buildr trunk on jruby
works with my projects :-)