buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <>
Subject Re: Download issues
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:57:56 GMT
Hi Harish,

On Apr 15, 2008, at 5:45 PM, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
> I am having issues downloading the Oracle driver automatically from
> my build
> script. I know they require a username and password, but it still
> fails when
> I provide them in the url. Although that same URL works from within
> the
> browser. Here's the URL, username and password masked...

I suspect that Oracle is setting some sort of session cookie when you
visit the login page in your browser.  I'm not sure if buildr's
download mechanism supports including cookies in a redirect.

[FWIW, I always end up just putting the oracle JDBC driver somewhere
on my intranet (for internal projects) or providing download
instructions (for external).  Too bad Oracle makes it so difficult to
use their software.]

View raw message