buildr-users mailing list archives

From "PaweĊ‚ Stawicki" <>
Subject Re: How to add jars to classpath?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 02:15:04 GMT
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I want to compile project which has some dependencies, but not
>  > maven-like ones. I just have some jar files on my disc and I want to add
>  > them to classpath. I tried something like
>  >
>  > compile.with file(<jar_path>)
>  >
>  > But it doesn't work. I get errors because of not satisfied dependencies.
>  compile.with <jar_path> will also work.  You can use either a filename or a
>  file task.
>  The only thing added to the classpath is that JAR, so maybe it's missing
>  some classes, or you need to add another dependency?

No, the file for sure exists. I added it to classpath, but I was
debugging buildr, and compile task invoked later was different task,
with empty classpath.

I am trying to migrate from our company's build system to buildr. We
have a lot of jars in our own repository and ant task, which can get
jars from repository based on eclipse classpath. So files and their
paths are not hardcoded, I get it in runtime in buildr, and this I
already did. What I can't do is to add them to classpath and compile

Best regards
Pawel Stawicki

View raw message