buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Spiewak" <>
Subject POM-Only Transitive Dependencies
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:57:37 GMT
It's a fairly common pattern in Maven2 for complex projects to release their
artifacts as separate modules, often with one (or more) "super-modules"
which act as transitive dependency aggregators.  For example,
Databinder<>(though I have read that Hibernate
does the same thing for certain
dependency paths).  There is an apparently known
bug<>in Buildr where it
attempts to download a JAR for
*every* dependency in the chain, including those for which no JAR exists.

An experimental patch was attached to the BUILDR-9 issue which supposedly
fixes the problem, but I applied the patch and installed Buildr from the SVN
and it still seems to be an issue.  This seems like a simple thing to fix
(as the patch demonstrates), but I obviously don't know enough about the
architecture to do it.  Also, Gem development is painful on Windows.  :-S
Are there any plans to fix this in the near future?  All of the issues I've
seen related to it seem to be conspicuously silent in terms of developer
feedback.  What's the official word?