buildr-users mailing list archives

From Victor Hugo Borja <>
Subject Re: Problem with Rake::Task:parent
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 03:47:05 GMT

PaweĊ‚ Stawicki wrote:
> shows error:
> undefined method `parent' for Rake::Task: installer:build:Rake::Task

I've seen this kind of error when I define a project with the same name
than a default buildr task. So I guess buildr should give a meaningful
error message.

IIRC buildr documentation mentions something about this, saying one
should not name it's projects 'build' 'compile' 'test'.

Do you have something like?:

define 'installer' do
    # ...
    define 'build' do

Could you try using different project names, if the problem continues,
please provide an overview of your project structure or a fragment
from your buildfile.

kind regards

View raw message