buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <>
Subject Re: verbosity
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 01:31:39 GMT
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Harish Krishnaswamy <>

> I created a task in my project to run my app and had some issues with the
> classpath, so I turned the verbosity on via verbose=true. But it made no
> difference, it only shows the name of the class I am trying to run. I had
> turn the trace on to see the classpath. What is the purpose of the verbose
> parameter? Shouldn't we show the complete command when its turned on?

Verbose is on by default.

There's an option to run Buildr with less output, called --quiet, that turns
verbose off.  With verbose you get a lot more messages on progress, some
tasks tell you when they're about to execute, progress bar when downloading
files, etc.  Quiet is much more silent (although it doesn't seem to affect
JUnit that much).