buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Ingo Schmidt" <>
Subject include/exclude method functionality
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:28:08 GMT
Hi everyone!

I really do have trouble using the include/exclude methods. While itseems so simple to use
them, in practice there are a lot ofdifficulties.
It would help me a great deal if I knew how they are supposed to behaveand then check, if
they actually do behave as supposed. So here are myscenarios:

My expected resuIt: recursive extraction of everything below some/folder into target/xyz
Actual result: target/xyz is created, but empty
Partial Solution: unzip("target/xyz"=>artifact(XYZ)).include("some/folder/**/*").extract
This extracts everything recurisvely, but includes "some/folder". Is it also possible to only
extract everything that is below some/folder?
My expected result: Everything that is below subfolder is included
Actual result: as I expected
Comment: Why is the "**" working differently from unzip here?package(:war)
My expected result: This would exclude any folder called "test" from the package
Actual result: The folder(s) is/are still included
Comment: Same applies forrule "folder/**". How do I exclude any files from the package? Notethat
those files are actually placed in src/main/webapp and depeningon the environment (test,stage,deploy)
I want to exclude them or not.
My expected result: Ideally this would remove the folder test in the package.
Actual result: The folder is still included
To sum it up:
How do I recursively unzip the contents of a subfolder in a zip file?How do I recursively
unzip the contents of a subfolder in a zip file without creating the full folder structure?Why
do "**" and "**/*" sometimes achieve the same result, sometimes not? What is the difference
between the two?How do I exclude specific folders from a package, even if those folders are
in src/main/xyzHow is the whole syntax supposed to work? I think the behaviour did change
since release 1.2.0

Some input on this would be really appreciated. Either I am totally notgetting something here
or we do have indeed different behaviourdepending on the task the include is working on.
Maybe it is a good idea to include some clear examples in the documentation? I am willing
to write up such examples.

Cheers, Ingo =;->