buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <>
Subject Re: Tuning Junit Report directory
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:22:56 GMT
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 6:59 AM, David Rault <> wrote:

> Assaf Arkin a écrit :
> >> i'm having trouble customizing the JunitReport output
> > Try = <path>
> >
> thanks, i missed checking the class variables !
> so this works and i've moved on to running cobertura and jdepend
> but then again there doesn't seem to be an "obvious" way to set the
> working directories (cobertura reports and cobertura.ser, xml output for
> jdepend)
> so here are my questions :
> 1/ how can i force cobertura and jdepend to use specific output folders ?

You can't at the moment.

> 2/ why don't they (= junit-report, cobertura, jdepend, etc.)  root their
> outputs in the "project.reports" property  **by default** ?
> since project.reports already exists (and is used by the test task), i'm
> a little confused other tasks write somewhere else

The test task generates output for the project, for each project it runs on,
in the project's reports directory.  And in 1.3 we have a nice way of
controlling the project layout, so it all works nicely.

junit:report, cobertura and jdepend generate a consolidated output for all
the projects in the buildfile, so they need to use one directory that's not
tied to any single project and can't use the same setting.

We don't at the moment have a global option for an output directory these
tasks can use, simply because no one asked for it.