buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Ingo Schmidt" <>
Subject Umlauts
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:58:02 GMT

Only now I have discovered that German umlauts (and possibly all other kinds of special characters)
are getting messed up when they are being archived in WAR (and probably any other archive).
For example, if I do have a file called:

then it will later end up as:

I am working under Windows XP Pro. Maybe this doesn't happen under Linux. Is there any way
to fix this or a workaround (except renaming those files, which I actually don't want to do)?
Is this a buildr problem or a problem of ruby/rake?

Does anyone else experience these problems? I am using buildr from SVN repository.

Cheers, Ingo =;->