buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Duncan" <>
Subject Re: State of Transitive Dependencies
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 00:33:13 GMT
On Feb 4, 2008 7:12 PM, Assaf Arkin <> wrote:
> The compile dependencies should be available as test dependencies, if
> you're
> not seeing them, we have a bug.
> Assaf

It's working fine in trunk.  In 1.2.10, I had to add several dependencies to
get further in the build (though it still failed due to a class with Test in
the name that had no tests in it).  The sample build file is attached to
this issue:

For the 'abdera:client' project, I had to add AXIOM, JAXEN, COMMONS.logging,
COMMONS.codec to test.with.  Otherwise they fail at runtime of the tests
with NoClassDefFoundError.  These dependencies are specified as dependencies
of some of the other projects that abdera:client has as compile
dependencies.  So it seems that each project's compile.dependencies is
automatically added to the classpath while running the tests.  Is that
right?  I see that as a kind of transitivity.  It seems to work, but I'm not
clear on exactly the algorithm intended.

Stephen Duncan Jr