buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <>
Subject Re: Groovy integration
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:54:29 GMT
On 2/4/08, Caleb Land <> wrote:
> Great! I looked at lib/java/compilers.rb and it looks dead simple
> (compared to the scala compiler from 1.2.10)
> I think having a groovy compiler installed as the first compiler would
> be a good thing to include in core buildr (if the user has .groovy
> files that is) since the groovy compiler can joint compile java as well.
> What do you think?

I think it's a great idea to add support for Groovy.

Similarly to Java/Scala, the Groovy compiler could automatically kick in
with the presence of "src/main/groovy" and compile everything that's under
"src/main/java" and "src/main/groovy" in one swoop.  This is a case where
you have one project language (:groovy) that can implicitly handle two
languages transparently.