buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Hugo Borja" <>
Subject Re: Groovy integration
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:54:15 GMT

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Assaf Arkin <> wrote:

> On 2/4/08, Caleb Land <> wrote
> > Well, I was thinking that it would be turned on automatically if .groovy
> > files were detected, and so if you didn't have any .groovy files, the
> > groovy
> > compiler wouldn't be used.

> You're right.  If the project contains a .groovy file then it's a Groovy
> project, in which case no problem if it also picks up and compiles .java
> files.

Buildr trunk includes a groovyc compiler.
It's not loaded by default because doing so would add the groovy jars into
the classpath, downloading them even if you never use groovy.

If you want to use it, you need to require it on your buildfile
   require 'java/grovyc'

Once loaded, the Groovy compiler is automatically selected if it find any
.groovy source files in src/main/groovy. If your project has java sources,
they will get compiled by groovyc.

Quaerendo invenietis.