buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <>
Subject Re: State of Transitive Dependencies
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:34:02 GMT
On 2/2/08, Stephen Duncan <> wrote:
> I'm playing with buildr to evaluate it by trying to convert a Maven build
> over to buildr.  I saw from the mailing list archives that a transitive
> function had been provided in trunk.  It seems to work ok in some cases,
> but
> in others I get a segault.  Specifially, trying to use transitive with
> group('axiom-api', 'axiom-impl', :under => '',
> :version => '1.2.5', :type => 'jar')

It's not tested, so I can't guarantee it will work in most cases, segfault
is probably recursion eating up the stack.  We'll have to deal with this
properly in the next major release (past 1.3).

> Is transitive supposed (or going to) work on projects as well?

Nope, but  project('foo').compile.classpath will.

> Also, how do you (or can you) get project dependencies to end up in the
> when doing buildr install?

We can't right now, again something we'll have to resolve by adding proper
dependency management.

> Stephen Duncan Jr

CTO, Intalio