buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <>
Subject Re: maven debate
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 01:51:05 GMT
On 1/31/08, Shane Witbeck <> wrote:
> I thought I'd share a thread called  "Debate: Is Maven the right tool
> for builds?" on

I just caught up with the comments on that thread and also followed the
mentioned blog posts.  Quite a lot to read.  Amazing how people are
love/hate divided about Maven.

Hopefully we're doing a good job not to fall to the same traps as Maven, but
I also read some criticism of Buildr that's worth paying attention to.  I'm
taking notes of the things we should do better.  Let's make if the best
build tool!

Perhaps an opportunity to let others know how Buildr compares to Maven, etc.
> --
> Thank you,
> Shane Witbeck
> Digital Sanctum, inc.