buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Sieger" <>
Subject Custom prerequisite task for "resources"
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 05:19:37 GMT
In 1.2.9, I had a custom task working that ran right before the
"resources" task to unpack a gem into "target" so that it could be
copied by it. Inside the project define block, I have

  directory _("target")
  task :unpack_gems => _("target") do |t|
    Dir.chdir(t.prerequisites.first) do
      ruby "-S", "gem", "unpack", "rack"
      mv FileList["rack-*"].first, "rack"
  resources.from _('lib'), _('target/rack/lib')
  task :resources => :unpack_gems

In trunk, this fails:

$ buildr
(in /Users/nicksieger/Projects/jruby/contrib/rack, development)
Building jruby-rack
/opt/local/bin/ruby -S gem unpack rack
Unpacked gem: 'rack-0.2.0'
Testing jruby-rack
rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'unpack_gems'

Full trace attached. It seems to be failing in the test:resources
stage, but I can't untangle the prerequisites to see why.

Any idea?