buildr-users mailing list archives

From Neil Lott <>
Subject Re: Compile
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:26:44 GMT

Yes, the jar exists in the target directory and installed in the local
repository.  The sources sub-project compile statement refers to the
interfaces jar artifact in the repository.

No, the source files have not changed.

On 1/22/08 10:21 AM, "Alex Boisvert" <> wrote:

> On 1/22/08, Neil Lott <> wrote:
>> Here¹s the line I¹m executing:
>> [neil@flicker.local buildr]$ buildr coredn:sources:compile
>> (in
>> /Users/neil/Business/SnowyRangeConsulting/projects/twc/depot/server/releases
>> /main/products/coredn/buildr)
>> Compiling 2166 source files in coredn:interfaces:compile
>> Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
>> Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
>> Compiling 1661 source files in coredn:sources:compile
>> Why is my other subproject coredn:interfaces:compile getting executed?
>> My source sub-project is dependent upon the jar produced by the interfaces
>> sub-project but I don¹t see how the compile will resolve that dependency.
> Does the jar already exist?   Have any of the source files used to produce
> it been changed?
> In the Buildr/Rake model, dependencies are transitive.  If one of the
> dependencies is outdated, it will generally trigger a chain reaction to
> re-execute all of the tasks depending on it.
> alex

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.

View raw message