buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <>
Subject Re: status of snapshot version
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 07:56:54 GMT
On 1/7/08, Shane Witbeck <> wrote:
> I have successfully moved our large project base to use buildr. One of
> the features we're still waiting on is snapshot version resolution.
> Reading previous posts and the change log, I see that there was an
> initial version checked in.

There's code to resolve from -SNAPSHOT to an actual version, but artifacts
are downloaded only if they don't already exist, so once downloaded it
doesn't attempt to refresh.

I think what we need is at minimum a task that will iterate over all the
artifacts that are snapshots and attempt to download them by calling
download instead of invoke.  So buildr artifacts:snapshot will always grab
the latest snapshot available.

We'd eventually like to move to using snapshots when the functionality
> is complete. In the mean time we've resorted to doing a clean for each
> recompile/package to be sure we have the latest source.
> 1. Is there an anticipated time for completion for snapshot version usage?
> 2. What do you do to insure the latest development source is included?
> --
> Thank you,
> Shane Witbeck
> Digital Sanctum, inc.