buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Ingo Schmidt" <>
Subject EAR task questions
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:59:31 GMT
Hi everyone!

I finally managed to install buildr from sources. I am also using
buildr rather successfully now :)

But there are some questions left, especially regarding the EAR task:

1. Why is a folder META-INF containing application.xml created in the
   root of my project and not in target folder? The problem with that is,
   that the clean task won't clean this folder then, and I have to manually
   do this every time (see question 2)
   In lib/java/packaging.rb I changed this:
   old: @descriptor ||= file('META-INF/application.xml') do |task|
   new: @descriptor ||= file('target/META-INF/application.xml') do |task|
   Now the clean task wipes everything as expected. Is that just a mistake
   or is META-INF created on purpose in root?

2. I am adding a WAR and an EJB to my EAR like so:
   package(:ear).add :war=>project("webapp-war").package(:war)
   package(:ear).add :ejb=>project("my-ejb").package(:jar)
   I run the build and the result is as expected. Now I comment out
   the line add the EJB to my EAR and run buildr again (no clean
   task). But my application.xml still has the entry for the EJB.
   Why is this so? I have seen this happen in other places in buildr,
   too. Too bad, I didn't write those cases down.

3. Is there any way to add a WAR to my EAR as open directory and not
   as *.war file?
   I need this because I don't think you can tell IIS to use a *.war file
   as document root...
   Is there any way to change/modify the EAR task to do this for me?
   Would be very handy, because the EAR task so nicely builds the
   application.xml on the fly.
   Currently I need to unzip the WAR and modify application.xml by
   hand. It would just be so much nicer to have it all automated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, Ingo =;->