buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <>
Subject Project directory structure setup with Buildr - possible?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:03:08 GMT

I've just started evaluating buildr and am wondering whether buildr is
like ant or maven as far as project directory structure setup's
concerned. Whenever I evaluate a spec or technology I create a fresh
project to play with. I can easily automate the process with maven
archetype feature and hence I don't have to worry I'm on Eclipse, IDEA
or NetBeans (in no particular order) as long as the project
structure's recognized by the ide (and if it supports maven/ant
features it's its additional bonus). How is it with buildr? Do I need
a project laid out before buildr comes in or can I set up a project
structure with buildr too? How do you start a new project with buildr?
Do you create a project in IDE or maven archetype and run buildr
afterwards or is there an alternative to it?

Jacek Laskowski

View raw message