buildr-users mailing list archives

From dhpeterson <>
Subject Re: Zip task not respecting file permissions?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:38:27 GMT

Assaf Arkin wrote:
> Dave,
> Right now permissions are not copied from the file, and there's no way to
> set them when including a file (i.e. :mode=>... option)  We have an open
> issue for that:
> Assaf

Thanks Assaf. I don't know why I didn't see this in JIRA :)

Rather than a ":mode => option" attribute, shouldn't the defaukt behaviour
just be to check and respect the existing file permissions on the files?
:mode => xxx would only be needed to override this.

Sent from the Buildr - User mailing list archive at

View raw message