buildr-users mailing list archives

From dhpeterson <>
Subject Eclipse and sub-projects
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 04:48:46 GMT

Hi all,

I'm new to buildr and I'm trying to work with eclipse on a buildr project
that includes multiple sub-projects.

I have created a Rakefile in my base directory and then 3 sub-directories,
one for each sub-project. Each sub-project has a src/main/java directory
tree in which source files are located.

When I run "buildr eclipse", buildr generates .classpath and .project files
for each of the sub-projects. I can open each of the sub-projects
individually in eclipse, but when I try to open the base directory, it is
(of course) not recognised as a java project.

My question is how I can best work with this kind of project using eclipse?
By way of comparison, I have also used "buildr idea" to create IntelliJ IDEA
project files. IDEA is able to open the nested project directly from the
.ipr (root project) file.

Any hints appeciated.

Sent from the Buildr - User mailing list archive at

View raw message