buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Hugo Borja" <>
Subject Re: EAR task
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:08:15 GMT

A few questions.  Adding WARs has its own syntax, different from adding EJBs
> and JARs.  Wouldn't it be possible to use the same array accessors for all
> three, so you can use << or package(:war).with(:jars=>..., :wars=>...)?
> Jars vs lib.  Is WEB-INF/lib actually used in WARs, or should we just have
> one of these options?
> The "/remoteService" shortcut is a nice tought.  I'm not big on the
> syntax,
> though, it looks like a path name which besides being a valid argument
> (dependencies are all files) is also confusing.  But I would like to see
> this feature, we just need to find a good syntax for it.
> I'm thinking maybe a spec shortcut  :remoteService:war that will try to
> resolve to lookup that archive type on another project?  That could be
> added
> to the artifacts method and used elsewhere.
I've made several fixes to the EarTask, also added a patch for it on

Syntax for adding components has been unified and now is more DRY, your
have been very useful, please read the issue description and tell me what
you think of
the new syntax.

Best Regars!

Quaerendo invenietis.