buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Tal Rotbart <redbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Experiences with transitive dependencies in buildr
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 23:36:28 GMT
Hi Peter & Michael,
With buildr-dependency-extensions
(https://github.com/jvshahid/buildr-dependency-extensions) you get
both a POM generator and transitive dependency resolution (both
optional).

So essentially everything except:
>  * Create/Rebuild a dependency file
>  * Lock dependencies based on the dependency file

It's as easy as:
require 'buildr-dependency-extensions'
define "wiki-index" do
  extend PomGenerator
  extend TransitiveDependencies
..
end

buildr upload would result in a Maven repo compatible POM being uploaded.

I've been using it successfully for the last few months based on a
recommendation from the user mailing list.

Cheers,
Tal