buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@lunar-ocean.com>
Subject Running a test suite against Buildr with Cucumber
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:48:22 GMT
Howdy guys,

we are developing Buildr4eclipse and we made the switch to Cucumber to run
our tests. We have a hard time interfacing with Buildr.

What we did so far:
1. We used braid, as Assaf had recommended, to hook ourselves against a
working copy of Buildr.
2. We require the spec/spec_helpers.rb file so we have access to Buildr
internals.

We run our test suite with this assertion:
define('foo').compile.compiler.should eql(:pdec)

Which fails with this error:
undefined method `from' for <Rake::Task compile => []>:Rake::Task
(NoMethodError)

/Users/antoine/perso/buildr4eclipse/buildr/lib/buildr/core/compile.rb:533:in
`compile'

This happens because the before_define hook defined in the Compile module is
not executed. The Compile module is present on the Buildr::Project class
though.

Does this ring a bell ? Note that we reproduce the problem even after
uninstalling all Buildr gems from our system.

Thanks,

Antoine