buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: small API documentation suggestion
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:56:54 GMT
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:31 AM, Sander S├Ánajalg <sander@cyber.ee> wrote:

> 1) Documentation for :other is rather confusing and i was unable to guess
> it's usage before i read the source. I would suggest:
>
>   # * :other       -- Array of options passed to the compiler. (Every
> separate word in the
>   #   command line string intended to be given to javac should be a String
>   #   element of it's own in this Array, e.g. to invoke "javac -encoding
>   #   iso-8859-1", :other => ["-encoding", "iso-8859-1"] is the way to do
> it.)

Good point.  I've changed it to:

    # * :other       -- Array of options passed to the compiler
    # (e.g. ['-implicit:none', '-encoding', 'iso-8859-1'])

which illustrates multiple parameters, incl. one that requires two positions
on the command-line.

2) (and the way the extra spaces are added to the documentation of :debug
> makes the RDoc somehow parse it incorrectly and looks really ugly in
> generated HTML.. see for your self:
> http://buildr.apache.org/rdoc/classes/Buildr/Compiler/Javac.html . It is
> okay when you delete those extra spaces:
>
>   # * :debug       -- Generates bytecode with debugging information.  Set
> from the debug
>   #   environment variable/global option.

Fixed.

thanks!  (hope you enjoy buildr as much as we do!)
alex