buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Scala 2.7.1 as default?
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 05:37:54 GMT
Buildr currently assumes Scala 2.7.1 as default by its choice of test
libraries (scala-specs 1.2.9, scalatest 0.9.3 and scalacheck 1.3) which are
binary-incompatible with newer versions of Scala.

Would anyone object to upgrading these libraries to the latest currently
available?   I understand we want to maintain backward compatibility in
Buildr but if no one is still using Scala 2.7.1 then I don't think it makes
much sense to do so.

Perhaps it would make more sense to have no library defaults until things
have stabilized?  (i.e., require users to specify versions in build.yaml)

alex