buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: No beta or RC?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:53:57 GMT
Oh, right, you mean the "qualifier".

Here's what Better Builds with
Maven<http://repo.exist.com/dist/maestro/1.7.0/BetterBuildsWithMaven.pdf>says,

With regard to ordering, the elements are considered in sequence to
determine which is newer - first by major version, second - if the major
versions were equal - by minor version, third by bug fix version, fourth by
qualifier (using string comparison), and finally, by build number. A version
that contains a qualifier is older than a version without a qualifier; for
example, 1.2-beta is older than version 1.2. A version that also contains a
build number is considered newer than a version without a build number;
for example, 1.2-beta-1 is newer than 1.2-beta.

But my point still stands, Buildr should drop the SNAPSHOT qualifier (and
only SNAPSHOT) during a release.

alex