buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <r-sutp...@northwestern.edu>
Subject Buildr::TestFramework::TestResult::Error and BUILDR-252
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:10:28 GMT
Hi,

I just noticed/reported BUILDR-252 ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-252
  ).  I'm trying to figure out how to fix it.

The basic problem is pretty obvious --
Buildr::TestFramework::TestResult::Error.guard attempts to
call .dump_yaml with only one argument when two are required.  When
that's fixed, though, the problem isn't resolved.  The dump_yaml code
takes the exception that it is passed and overwrites the target file
with it.  In the case of the rspec test framework, the file it is
passed is the generated runner script.

So if there's an exception while executing the runner script, the
runner script is overwritten with the backtrace for the exception.
This doesn't seem right to me.  As far as I can tell, the test run
then ends and buildr doesn't do anything with the backtrace -- it
reports that the build was successful whether or not there were
failing specs.

I'd like to fix this, but I'm not sure what the intended behavior is.
Any hints would be welcome.

Thanks,
Rhett