brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Bouron <thomas.bou...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Delete "classic-mode" (always use Karaf)
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 11:29:37 GMT
Hi Alex.

So you can still debug the code if you attach a debugger before running the
karaf shell. However, this does not support hot-deployment like you could
do from within an IDE.
So I think you're right, we need to keep the Main class. But since we want
to use it for debug purpose, I would move it to the `test` folder rather
than deprecating it.

Best.

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 at 12:24 Alex Heneveld <alex.heneveld@cloudsoftcorp.com>
wrote:

> +1 for removing classic mode in the dist and in the docs
>
> NOT for removing the Main class itself however, I don't think -- this is
> my standard way to run Brooklyn from the IDE and I don't have a karaf
> replacement that supports debug mode in the same way, and also note most
> of our unit tests still run classic mode rather than karaf.
>
> Best
> Alex
>

> On 09/10/2017 14:04, Mark McKenna wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > *Mark McKenna*
> >
> > *Twitter ::* @m4rkmckenna <https://twitter.com/m4rkmckenna>
> >
> > *Github :: *m4rkmckenna <https://github.com/m4rkmckenna>
> >
> > *PGP :: A7A9 24DE 638C 681A 8DEA FAD4 2B5D C759 B1EB 76A7
> > <https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2B5DC759B1EB76A7>*
> >
> > On 9 October 2017 at 13:09, Graeme Miller <graeme@cloudsoft.io> wrote:
> >
> >> +1
> >>
> >> On 9 October 2017 at 12:56, Thomas Bouron <
> thomas.bouron@cloudsoftcorp.com

> >> geoff.macartney@cloudsoft.io>

We