brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Macartney <geoff.macart...@cloudsoft.io>
Subject Re: Where to contribute new catalog items?
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 15:23:39 GMT
Hey Valentin!

Thanks for creating a blueprint for Artemis.  I'm not familiar with it.
The ActiveMQ support we have is in brooklyn-library [1], as you know,
however I think the general opinion is that we want to move away from
adding more code into there, and work toward having blueprints available in
external community repositories. At the same time, if this is closely
related to the existing ActiveMQ support, it is maybe best placed in
brooklyn-library alongside the existing code.

What does anyone else think?

If we do want to put it into brooklyn-library, as this is a YAML blueprint,
it should probably go in the resources for "messaging" in brooklyn-library,
and have an entry for it added to the catalog.bom for messaging [2].

all the best
Geoff

[1] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-library
[2]