brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Ashby" <Graham.As...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Trouble with Softlayer private images
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 13:01:17 GMT
I'm trying to provision a Softlayer instance from a private image.
I specify the guid in the imageId, but what appears to be happening is
that it gets the underlying template for the visual instance, then uses
that, instead of the image.
I removed the hardwareId from the spec, since the Python softlayer API
doesn't like this and the image.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, or is it a JCloud issue?  There
were a couple of issues in JCloud a few years ago related to private
images, but they were fixed.
I'm wondering if there is something else I need to use in my
specification.

My spec is:

      type: jclouds:softlayer
      brooklyn.config:
        region: mon01
        identity: ashbyg
        credential: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        displayName: graham-image
#        hardwareId: "cpu=4,memory=32768,disk=100,type=LOCAL"
        imageId: 6f518295-fa79-4517-8a97-8220bb86ed83
        keyPair: ashbyg-ssh
        keyPairName: ashbyg-ssh
        loginUser: root
        privateKeyFile: /opt/brooklyn/ca-1/openstack-gsa-gen.pem
        loginuser.privateKeyFile: /opt/brooklyn/ca-1/openstack-gsa-gen.pem
        privateNetworkOnly: true
        useJcloudsSshInit: false
        templateOptions:
          domainName: bi.ibmcloud.com