brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Aitken <valen...@cloudsoft.io>
Subject BROOKLYN-519 suggestion to remove BasicSpecParameter from serializing
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 11:55:47 GMT
Hi,

Like I described in BROOKLYN-519 AbstractBrooklynObjectSpec config
serialization
could be source of deserialization problems in backwards compatibility.
I reviewed the code and I consider EntitySpecParameters are consumed
only from the API
describing Spec types and catalog items.

I consider those parameters as NOT related to application deployment or
application management during runtime
thus I suggest to not serialize ConfigKey objects in persistence state
in order to
simplify persistence of Catalog items and AbstractBrooklynObjectSpec
values. [1]

Could you also verify my assumption and comment? ^

[1] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/757

--
Valentin Aitken
Software Engineer