brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Ashby" <Graham.As...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Help with Openstack
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 13:17:29 GMT
Well, after much talk over here, our OpenStack servers only support V3
authentication.  We're using the Mitaka release. Older instances that
support the v2.0 authentication API are all EOL.

Which leads me to plan B.  I have an Ansible playbook that  provisions a
new instance.  Is there some way to hook that (using an AnsibleEntry) into
a location?  I imagine I'd need a way to somehow export the host name and
external IP address into something that the Location could use.  And I'd
need a Location that could call an Entity to get whatever it needs.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Graham

From:   Geoff Macartney <geoff.macartney@cloudsoftcorp.com>
To:     Brooklyn dev <dev@brooklyn.apache.org>
Date:   05/03/2017 10:22 AM
Subject:        Re: Help with Openstack

hi Graham

as far as I understand you'll need to stick to the v2 API to use Apache
Brooklyn, as that is what is currently supported by the underlying jclouds
library.

As it happens this was a topic of conversation this very morning on the
jclouds mailing list [1], so there may be some progress on this in the
near
but not immediate future.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b1162446800011a8343e67a7cda55a5033754881529c74fafa47109b@%3Cdev.jclouds.apache.org%3E