brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Aitken <valentin.ait...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Is nested DSL supported?
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 13:28:13 GMT
 From my experience yes, DSL can be nested.
If you get( Config<T>) and the raw value is not from T but a "DSL" value
then the DeferredSupplier value will be evaluated.
Nested DeferredSupplier are also evaluated if necessary.

However if your raw value is a list of "DSL" and you
`get(Config<List<T>>)` then it will not be evaluated.
An example [1]

[1]
https://github.com/cloudsoft/brooklyn-blockstore/pull/28/files#diff-041e352d59c46770a9b973b7f8232ef2R55

On 25/05/17 15:59, Murdo Aird wrote:
> Can Brooklyn DSL be nested?
>
> I want to retrieve a secret from vault using the external provider and the following
syntax works:

> $brooklyn:external("vault", "name-of-secret")
>
> However, the secret I want to retrieve is variable and depends on the way the blueprint
is deployed. I, therefore, want to be able to pull the "name-of-secret" from some other config.
For example:

--
Valentin Aitken
Software Engineer