brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Delete java/groovy example apps that are misleading
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 13:30:32 GMT
Hi all,

I suggest we delete the java/groovy examples in
brooklyn-library/examples [1] (but not "webapps" in that dir, which is
used to build WAR files used in demos apps).

These do not follow the new (*) recommended way of writing blueprints.
Since then, we have written better yaml-based examples in the docs.
Keeping these Java/Groovy examples is frankly misleading for users.

They are also never tested by anyone anymore, so are unlikely to
actually work!

Any objections to me delete them?

Aled

(*) The YAML way is not really "new" these days! Should probably just
say "do not follow the recommended way".