brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Brooklyn website
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:37:47 GMT

Hi folks-

// RESEND with images embedded instead of attached PDF (which got
stripped - hopefully images don't!)

I've been hearing two categories of feedback from people who've spent
time on our website:  "I don't get it"  and  "Sounds complicated".

I think the time is right for us to fix this.  We can give a clear,
gentle experience, and we can tone down the academic ideas in favour of
real examples, which thanks to recent improvements are pretty simple.
I'm thinking of a few changes:

* Expand and ground the landing page (currently it's all academic theory
words words words) -- I attach a mock-up of how this could look in the
attached (based on other sites)
* Rework the Getting Started example to be something using bash, rather
than a magic java entity
* Instead of YAML/Java blueprints, call it "Basic Blueprints" "Advanced
Blueprinting", make the "Basic Blueprints" section nice simpler
reference pages, with much of the content moved into advanced (where the
Java items might get buried further)

What do other people think?  Should we have a chat?  Say next Fri 4pm UK ?

Best
Alex