brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Corbett <sam.corb...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Doing "upgrade" in yaml
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:20:46 GMT
Hi Graham,

 From the sounds of it you're reaching the limit of what's possible with
yaml at the moment. I know that upgrading deployments of yaml-based
blueprints is something filtering through several Brooklyn developers'
minds but there's nothing concrete available now.

For the workflow you describe I think your best bets are either to write
the Java or to handle the steps outwith Brooklyn. The former isn't
especially difficult and we'd be happy to help either here or on IRC
(#brooklyncentral on freenode).

One alternative, if you're willing to stop the entity as part of this
flow, is to replace the entity you want to act on with an updated
version. I'd imagine stopping v1 and removing it from the application
then using the `add child` API [1] to add the child with updated config.
Are you trying to avoid reprovisioning instances?

Sam

1.
https://brooklyn.apache.org/v/latest/misc/javadoc/org/apache/brooklyn/rest/resources/EntityResource.html#addChildren-java.lang.String-java.lang.String-java.lang.Boolean-java.lang.String-java.lang.String-