brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Ashby" <Graham.As...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Catalog "bundle"
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:40:57 GMT
Hmm.
It's interesting that if I wrote this as a series of Java classes, I could
put this in the dropins folder, and load a set of catalog entries in one
go.
I imagine that isn't possible for yaml -- turn them into an OSGi bundle?
I notice also that resources (files, etc) can be specified as on the
classpath.  Any hope that we could do that for catalog items?

Thanks
Graham

From:   Geoff Macartney <geoff.macartney@cloudsoftcorp.com>
To:     Brooklyn dev <dev@brooklyn.apache.org>
Date:   03/10/2017 11:07 AM
Subject:        Re: Catalog "bundle"

hi Graham

One point worth mentioning in relation to
https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/485 is that it will provide
the ability to upload via the REST API, but there will still be further
work needed to make this easy to use.  I plan to do some changes to the
command line client "br" to allow it to make use of the new API when it
arrives, so that you'll be able to do something like "br upload ..." and
it
will upload a zip of your project.   I'm not sure that anyone's discussed
adding this to the UI yet but that might be something for the future as
well.

Cheers
Geoff

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 at 14:56 Thomas Bouron
<thomas.bouron@cloudsoftcorp.com>