brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Gowri LN <gowri.ln...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help in deploying Brooklyn on OpenStack liberty
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 14:56:56 GMT
Hi All,

The above issue got resolved with Brooklyn 0.10 version with
“jclouds:openstack-devtest-compute: “ as location .
I used the pre built jar at
https://drive.google.com/a/cloudsoftcorp.com/file/d/0Bxv4hWMwaFRKRWtsMFdhZlZnek0/view?usp=drive_web.
<https://drive.google.com/a/cloudsoftcorp.com/file/d/0Bxv4hWMwaFRKRWtsMFdhZlZnek0/view?usp=drive_web.>

Only other issue is , the floating IP does not get allocated and associated
. If I manually allocate floating IP the Openstack project , it gets
assigned successfully

Thanks for the help so far

Thanks,
Gowri

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Gowri LN <gowri.ln123@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> java:448)
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
> at org.apache.brooklyn.util.core.task.DynamicSequentialTask$Dst
> Job.call(DynamicSequentialTask.java:359)
> at org.apache.brooklyn.util.core.task.BasicExecutionManager$Sub
> missionCallable.call(BasicExecutionManager.java:519)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPool
> Executor.java:1145)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoo
> lExecutor.java:615)
>
> Is there anything that I am missing in this ?
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> link 1: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37652364/how-to-set-
> floating-ip-for-vm-using-apache-brooklyn-floating-ips-are-required
>

> Thanks,
> Gowri
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Gowri LN <gowri.ln123@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrea,
>>
>> The image used is ubuntu 14.04. The IP assigned is my internal network IP
>> (reachable from Brooklyn VM ) but no key pair is created or associated with
>> the VM.
>>  so I added the required fields :
>>
>> services:
>> - type: server
>>   provisioning.properties:
>>     minRam: 2048m
>>     minCores: 2
>>     minDisk: 10g
>> location:
>>    jclouds:openstack-nova:
>>     endpoint: https://url-endpoint:5000/v2.0/
>>     identity: "projectname:username"
>>     credential: password
>>     # optional
>>     imageId: RegionOne/imageID
>>     loginUser: 'ubuntu'
>>     loginUser.privateKeyFile: /home/ubuntu/Key/ubuntuuser.pem
>>     jclouds.openstack-nova.auto-generate-keypairs: false
>>     templateOptions:
>>       securityGroups: ['Basic']
>>       keyPairName: "ubuntuuser"
>>
>> The above yaml fails with error : "
>>
>> Error invoking start at EmptySoftwareProcessImpl{id=jXdVjwRS}: Key Pairs
>> are required by options, but the extension is not available!"
>>
>> Debug log is attached.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gowri
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Andrea Turli <
>> andrea.turli@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok Gowri, that's fine, but please share the log file as well!
>>>
>>> The log snippet shows that you can't  `ssh root@30.30.10.83`.
>>>
>>> - what OS is running the VM with IP 30.30.10.83?
>>>   - if it is ubuntu, can you manually try `ssh ubuntu@30.30.10.83`?
>>>   - if it is centos, can you manually try `ssh centos@30.30.10.83`?
>>>
>>> It is also possible that the VM images available to your Openstack
>>> installation doesn't allow password based ssh connection, so you need to
>>> pass the keypair.
>>>
>>> if one of them works, please add to the initial smoke test blueprint so

there anything
>>> that I
ID as well as
>>> but it

> [...]