brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Gowri LN <gowri.ln...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help in deploying Brooklyn on OpenStack liberty
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 08:52:06 GMT
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your mail.

I tried as per the suggestions in link. I have Liberty version and could
not try jclouds:openstack-mitaka-nova ( error 1below). I am using
"openstack-devtest-compute" jar.

The properties specified in the yaml are picked up for VM . I can now see
my keypair, security group getting associated to VM . Also, the  Vm has a
private IP and a floating IP assigned but still the deployment fails with
error:

> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.brooklyn.location.jclouds.JcloudsSshMachineLocation.getSubnetIp(JcloudsSshMachineLocation.java:373)
> at org.apache.brooklyn.core.location.Machines.getSubnetIp(Machines.java:65)
> at
> org.apache.brooklyn.entity.software.base.lifecycle.MachineLifecycleEffectorTasks$PreStartTask.run(MachineLifecycleEffectorTasks.java:448)
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
> at
> org.apache.brooklyn.util.core.task.DynamicSequentialTask$DstJob.call(DynamicSequentialTask.java:359)
> at
> org.apache.brooklyn.util.core.task.BasicExecutionManager$SubmissionCallable.call(BasicExecutionManager.java:519)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> at
> at

I tried with and without specifying subnet ID but still same error . And in
addition the error I was facing before - " Key Pairs are required by
options, but the extension is not available!" and "Floating are required by
options, but the extension is not available!"   are not there now. I would
really like to know if it is a mistake/config change required at openstack
level as I need to use Brooklyn on Openstack itself.

Any suggestions ?

Error 1: Illegal parameter for 'location' (jclouds:openstack-mitaka-nova);
not resolvable: NoSuchElementException: Cloud provider/API type
openstack-mitaka-nova is not supported by jclouds

Thanks

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Andrea Turli <
andrea.turli@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >     hardwareId: RegionOne/2
> >     loginUser: 'ubuntu'
> >     loginUser.privateKeyFile: /path/to/keypair.pem
> >     jclouds.openstack-nova.auto-generate-keypairs: false
> >     templateOptions:
> >      networks: [ "network-id" ]
> >      securityGroups: ['securitygroupname']
> >      keyPairName: "keypairname
> >      subnetId: subnet-id-of-network
> >

> > The Vm gets created with a floating IP,my keypair  assigned this time .
> But
> > I still get the error at "pre start" stage:
> > Failed after 4ms: NullPointerException
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > at
> > org.apache.brooklyn.location.jclouds.JcloudsSshMachineLocation.
> > getSubnetIp(JcloudsSshMachineLocation.java:373)
> > at org.apache.brooklyn.core.location.Machines.getSubnetIp(
> > Machines.java:65)
> > at
> > org.apache.brooklyn.entity.software.base.lifecycle.
> > MachineLifecycleEffectorTasks$PreStartTask.run(
> > MachineLifecycleEffectorTasks.java:448)
> > at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.
> call(Executors.java:471)
> > at
> > org.apache.brooklyn.util.core.task.DynamicSequentialTask$DstJob.call(
> > DynamicSequentialTask.java:359)
> > at
> > org.apache.brooklyn.util.core.task.BasicExecutionManager$
> > SubmissionCallable.call(BasicExecutionManager.java:519)
> > at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> > at
> > java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
> > ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> > at
> > java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
> > ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> >
> > Thanks for your help so far. Any suggestion for resolving this?
> >

> > Also we might setup a new openstack in sometime . Is there any specific
> > configuration that you suggest which might make brooklyn deployments easy
> > on Openstack ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Gowri
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Andrea Turli <
> > andrea.turli@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > could you check the status of the VM provisioned in your Openstack
> > > instance? Does it have a private address and a floating ip address
> > attached
> > > to it?
> > >
> > > If not, I'd simplify the network templateOptions by removing
> > > `floatingIpPoolNames`, `subnetId` and double-checking the "network-id"
> > >
> > > Andrea

> > missing
> > fails

> > > getSubnetIp(JcloudsSshMachineLocation.java:373)
> > > Machines.java:65)

> > > MachineLifecycleEffectorTasks$PreStartTask.run(
> > > MachineLifecycleEffectorTasks.java:448)
> > > call(Executors.java:511)

> DstJob.call(
> > > DynamicSequentialTask.java:359)

> > > SubmissionCallable.call(BasicExecutionManager.java:519)

VM
> the
> > > VM.

> > in