brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Duncan Godwin <duncan.god...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Default VM Image
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:17:44 GMT
Hi All,

Should we change the default image to CentOS 7 over Ubuntu 14.04?

Apache Brooklyn, by default currently favours Ubuntu 14.04 and 12.04 LTS
images when no preference is selected. This is because of the code in
BrooklynImageChooser here:

https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/blob/f4281af2e40a9d12264c566a4b65fa6549238be5/locations/jclouds/src/main/java/org/apache/brooklyn/location/jclouds/BrooklynImageChooser.java#L138-L149

Most of the blueprints in brooklyn-library seem to favour CentOS 7 and I
think most of the Apache Brooklyn users are using and testing CentOS 7. It
therefore seems to me to make sense to alter BrooklynImageChooser score to
favour CentOS 7 based images. What does everyone think?

Many thanks

Duncan