brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Managing security groups using jclouds
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 12:14:27 GMT
This litter is irritating.  On the other hand we don't want application
stops to wait an arbitrarily long time for sec groups to become deletable.

I'd love to switch to a model where location instances become entities.
Security groups could also become part of that, and managed explicitly in
the runtime model.  "Stop" might then take a long time, or fail, but at
least it's explicit...

Or if we have some kind of internal "application" with management state, it
might have a "recycling bin" and as part of "stop" we move  redundant but
not-yet-deletable security groups there, and a policy there tries
periodically to remove them.  This way it's transparent what we're doing,
but doesn't get in the way of normal operation, and also doesn't leave
litter behind.

(BTW @jose for your use case maybe it's an option to tell brooklyn to use a
pre-existing security group?)

Best