brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Svetoslav Neykov <svetoslav.ney...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Call for release: Brooklyn 0.10.0
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 07:25:03 GMT
This is going to be the first release that actually works in Karaf. The docs are still assuming
classic though so I suggest we keep recommending the classic distribution for 0.10.0.
For next release let's plan on updating the docs and switching the recommended distribution
to the Karaf based one.

Svet.

> On 16.11.2016 г., at 13:22, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> It's far past time that we did a Brooklyn 0.10.0 release! I suggest we aim for that soon.
>
> To that end, I suggest the following steps:
>
> * Deal with open PRs:
>     o People shout out about any PRs you think are very important to
>       be merged, before that release.
>     o Review open PRs
>       (for any that won't get merged into 0.10.0, clearly mark them as
>       such and say why).
> * Any pending/remaining work:
>     o Give people until Friday evening (uk time) to submit any other
>       very important PRs that are being working on.
>     o People shout out about any known issues that they see as
>       blockers for a release.
> * Do some initial testing, using master (before Friday).
> * Aim to produce a first release candidate on Friday evening (uk time).
> * Do the usual QA/fix cycle until the release is ready.
> * Write release notes, etc.
>
> Of the first steps, reviewing the PRs is a big piece of work! If you have time to help,
then please lend a hand by reviewing and/or testing the PRs, and commenting on them.

> I don't think we should try to squeeze lots of additional PRs into 0.10.0 - there is
already a huge amount in there compared to 0.9.0!